Issue 95: Culture & Couture
Published: May 5, 2018
On the Cover: Treasured Islands: Journey to Japan's Great Art Escape
Futuristic minimalism, a rich historical atmosphere and natural beauty combine to haunting effect along Japan’s art-filled archipelago.
Also in the issue:
- The couple behind San Francisco restaurant Quince is opening Verjus, a Parisian-style wine bar; Seattle’s Space Needle gets revamped.
- A wellness clinic from New York dermatologist David Colbert; Chicago’s Space 519 expands; The private atelier at Jaipur, India’s Gem Palace; Chanel’s new bronzing body mist; Sneakers in neutral tones.
- A show of rare work by Italian artist Domenico Gnoli; Designers and architects for Prada
- This season’s haute couture offerings spring forth with breathtaking tulle, satin, embellished silk and feathers.
- Peggy and David Rockefeller’s vast art collection is poised for a record-setting auction at Christie’s.
Poppy Delevingne, Trend Report, Mexico City, top-shelf handbags, Richelieu Dennis, Mary Corse, Rafael de Cárdenas, Carolyn Murphy in Guadeloupe, French branding studio be-poles and Big Freedia.