Investing in Funds & ETFs | Journal Report, Nov. 5, 2018
The Wall Street Journal's Journal Report on Investing in Funds & ETFs as published Tuesday, November 5, 2018.
This 10-page section features:
- A Reality Check For Small-Stock Investors - Small-cap shares, and funds that invest in them, had been drubbing the big guys since the 2016 election. Is the recent selloff the end or just a pause?
The report also includes:
- It Can Be OK To Say ‘No’ to Volunteering
- The Case Against Having A Bond-Heavy 401(k)
- After years of lagging behind the U.S., foreign stocks are now relatively cheap
- AI-Focused Funds Draw Cash but Struggle
- Series EE Savings Bonds Can Be Used for College But be careful with the tax implications.
- Pros and Cons of Federal Vs. Private Student Loans
- Fama-French research shows that good strategies might not work for many years
- ‘Hedged’ Bond ETFs Step Up
- The DRIP Fan Club
- The Midterm Elections And Health-Care ETFs