Encore | Journal Report, April 22, 2019
The Wall Street Journal's Encore Journal Report on retirement as published Monday, April 22, 2019.
This 12-page section features:
- The Case Against Early Retirement - Many people dream
of leaving the office as soon as they can. But the evidence suggests it can hurt your physical and emotional health, and hasten cognitive decline. It may be time to rethink those dreams.
The report also includes:
- Our columnist grades his own retirement. He thinks he’s doing
pretty well, but there are some things he could do better
- Best exercises for your 50s, 60s, 70s— and beyond. All can be done with little to no equipment.
- A long grief, then a man remarries. ‘Why she responded to me at all was puzzling,’ he writes.
- A couple from California retires in Carcassonne, France